During our time as students at Brandeis, there was always a place for us at the Chabad Shabbat dinner table. Now, we can help Chabad continue to thrive and provide meaningful, formative Jewish experiences to current students. Come together with other members of your class to host a Shabbat dinner table of current students for a year at Chabad.
Each table will be named after the donating class, and current students will recognize the special bonds between the alumni who used to sit at their table and themselves. This effort will strengthen the existing bonds of our alumni class, while inspiring current students to connect with one another, the wider Chabad at Brandeis community, and Judaism.
- When students RSmeP (Chabad Brandeis’s proprietary reservation system) the table will be titled Class of ‘05, etc.
- When students arrive at Shabbat dinner, the sign listing all the students seated at that table will be called "Table Class of ‘05". It will also list the names of all the hosts (i.e. donors of the table).
- After the first Shabbat of each semester, each donor will receive a thank you note from a student who sat at the table, briefly recounting their Chabad experience.
- At the end of each semester all hosts will get a booklet listing the names of the students who sat at the table each Shabbat and holiday.
Your contribution to hosting a table can be paid over 12 months.
- Contribute $1,000 ($83.33 a month over 12 months) and you will receive a personalized Chabad Brandeis cookbook, an endowed chair at the table, noting your name on the chair each week, and a personal video from a member of the Chein family thanking you. $500 for members of the Fresh Grads, classes of '12, '13, '14.
- Contribute $500 ($41.66 a month over 12 months) or more and you will receive an endowed chair at the table, noting your name on the chair each week and a personal video from a member of the Chein family thanking you. $250 for members of the Fresh Grads, classes of '12, '13, '14.
- Contribute $360 ($30 a month over 12 months) and you will receive a personal video from a member of the Chein family thanking you. $180 for members of the Fresh Grads, classes of '12, '13, '14.
The cost of hosting a table for a year is $10,000. To hit our goal, we need full participation from each class' alumni, and generous donations will ensure the table's dedication.
Chabad was there for us as students asking nothing in return. Now, let’s show our appreciation for Chanie and Peretz by partnering with them in providing for today's Brandeis students.
Click here to make your contribution, every gift counts.
Enter a raffle for a $200 gift certificate to a (kosher) restaurant of your choice by having one friend note your name when making their contribution.
Greg Besserman, Coordinator French Table '03, '04, '05, '06
Stephanie Knepper, Coordinator The Founders, Classes of ‘02, '03, ‘04
Allan Sternberg, Coordinator Class of ‘05
Jonathan Cohen, Coordinator Class of ‘06
Alexandre Sitbon, Coordinator French Table '07, '08, '09, '10
Victoria Ornstein, Coordinator Class of ‘07
Cindy Kaplan, Coordinator Class of ‘08
Sharon Cohen, Coordinator Class of ‘09
Rebecca Schlangel, Coordinator Class of ‘10
Ruthy Dabah, Coordinator Class of ‘11
Rebecca Blady, Coordinator for Fresh Grads, Classes of ‘12,'13,'14